[WikiEN-l] JSTOR "Early Journal Content" access

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:25:51 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> I've registered for this service and am downloading a thesis:
>
> Queen Victoria : the monarch and the media 1837-1867
>
> I have agreed to terms and conditions which provide that my copy is only
> for personal or educational use. The PDF download, 50megs, is free, but I
> could have had a hardbound copy for 30 pounds.

Is that print-on-demand?

Talking of Queen Victoria, I've just finished reading:

Darby, Elizabeth; Smith, Nicola (1983).
The Cult of the Prince Consort.
New Haven and London: Yale University Press.
ISBN 0-300-03015-0

A nice book, replete with footnotes detailing the sources used.
Despite the Yale University Press imprint, it is not really academic.
More a survey of the various memorial schemes and so on.
I picked it up for less than £1 at a second-hand book stall.

Carcharoth