[WikiEN-l] JSTOR "Early Journal Content" access

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 19:20:16 UTC 2011

The announcement is a few days old, but I missed it (and it doesn't
seem to have turned up on the lists yet), so:

http://about.jstor.org/participate-jstor/individuals/early-journal-content

"On September 6, 2011, we announced that we are making journal content
in JSTOR published prior to 1923 in the United States and prior to
1870 elsewhere freely available to anyone, anywhere in the world.
This “Early Journal Content” includes discourse and scholarship in the
arts and humanities, economics and politics, and in mathematics and
other sciences.  It includes nearly 500,000 articles from more than
200 journals. This represents 6% of the content on JSTOR."

http://about.jstor.org/participate-jstor/individuals/early-journal-content-faqs

Access is through the normal JSTOR interface (which can, if you wish,
be tweaked to only display open content). It's not currently all
available, but is being rolled out in chunks.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk