[WikiEN-l] British library online newspaper archive

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:56:49 UTC 2011

Hullo,

The British Library has put 4 million pages of 19th century newspapers online:

http://pressandpolicy.bl.uk/Press-Releases/Murder-mania-and-a-leech-powered-weather-machine-up-to-4-million-pages-of-historical-newspapers-now-searchable-online-at-britishnewspaperarchive-co-uk-54f.aspx

http://www1.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/

You can try a search and click view which, in my case, gave me a page
of the subscription fees. Two day, one month and one year packages are
available.

Bodnotbod