[WikiEN-l] Why Wikipedia Is Important.

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Sun Nov 27 14:32:26 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011, Ken Arromdee wrote:
>> Without knowledge, myths are born. With myths, fear is born. With fear,
>> intolerance is born. With intolerance, ignorance is born. With ignorance,
>> nothing is born.
> I recall a Scientific American article (I believe it was in Mathematical
> Games or its successors) which showed that using a chain of synonyms about
> as long as what you are using here it is possible to create a chain from
> almost any word to its opposite.

Here's a few I came up with myself:

With ignorance, superstition is born.  With superstition, religion is born.
With religiou, culture is born.  With culture, civilization is born.  With
civilization, strength is born.

With freedom, revolution is born.  With revolution, consolidation of power
is born.  With consolidation of power, dictatorship is born.  With
dictatorship, slavery is born.