[WikiEN-l] Unscientific survey about Wikipedia of external yet closely related website's users (n=2235)

Jorgenev jorgenev.enwiki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 07:59:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Jorgenev <jorgenev.enwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had bigger plans for this, but they might not materialize, so for
> those interested:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jorgenev/research/Wikipedia_subreddit_user_survey

Specific results of interest I think are:
(1) the respondents gave the highest ratings for editor personality
when they had made no edits, it was downhill to respondents with
100-300 edits who gave the lowest assessment of editor personality,
then things trended upwards again. So, people who have never edited
Wikipedia think we are pretty cool until they get to know us, then all
the truly dissatisfied one leave. That seems to be the best
explanation here. :D
(2) The Myers-Briggs personality types most likely to edit Wikipedia
were also the most likely to vandalize Wikipedia (by percentage).
(3) A fun one: people who plagiarize from Wikipedia cluster with
people who jerk off to Wikipedia. Maladjusted youths...