[WikiEN-l] Nobel prizewinning chemist: "in my field, Wikipedia is more reliable than textbooks"

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 04:33:25 UTC 2011

I removed the tag. It was added in 2009 by a usually reliable editor,
[http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Harry_Kroto&diff=next&oldid=291030877],
at a time when the bio had  only one indisputably reliable source, the
Nobel biography, and a number of good sources marked as external
links, such as a BBC interview with him, the profiles of him at his
several universities, and a page listing him from the Royal  Society .
 I consider the addditon  of the tag more than a little
hyper-critical, and I'm surprised none of the many who must have seen
it  did not take  the opportunity to remove it.  By now  the p. has a
number of additional formal references documenting particular aspects,
but the basic facts are all in the Nobel bio.