[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 04:59:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 5:28 AM, George Herbert
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> In this particular, I am vexed and confused.  If the longer article
> makes him look better, why in the flying spaghetti monster's name are
> those advocating human dignity here asking to shorten it?

Because people should read the article about *him* to find out who he
is, not the article on the neologism. Similarly, people should read
the article on the person who started the neologism to find out about
him. The article on the neologism can be short and to the point, and
leave people to go read the articles on the people if they want more.
The way to get balance is to look at articles on other neologisms and
see how long those are.

Carcharoth