[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:52:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen466 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've dropped Cirt a note and link to this thread, in case they weren't aware
> of it.
>
> As mentioned before, what is at the root of this is a wider problem though:
> to what extent we as a project are happy to act as participants, rather than
> neutral observers and reporters, in the political process.
>
> I'd say that neutrality is our best bet here, as anything else is likely to
> come back to us eventually. We should not make *undue* efforts to promote
> political or social campaigns.
>
> There is little in present policy to address this. WP:Activist is an essay.
>
> Andreas

I completely disagree with the direction of this thread that this was
some sort of hit piece by Cirt on Santorum.

When this started I re-read the article and found it neutral and
presenting Santorum's reaction to the situation in a reasonable and
thoughtful manner.

Dan Savage is certainly playing activist here - the claim that Cirt
was is not supported, and not in good faith.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com