[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:21:39 UTC 2011

I'm not surprised that a Wikipedia article shoots to the top of Google
searches, isn't that one of the reasons why we write here? I'm pretty
sure I've seen Wikipedia articles come top on Google even if they lack
templates and are practically orphans.

Nor am I surprised that someone who writes an article then goes and
creates associated templates. I don't do much with templates but I
have a similar editing pattern - I was in the British Museum for the
Hoxne Hoard challenge and wound up contributing a number of edits to
articles about the sorts of spoons that were in the hoard.

I am concerned at the risk of the mailing list degenerating into some
sort of back channel and disrupting the wiki. People using it for off
wiki complaints about an AFD and criticism of individual wikipedians
who may not be subscribing  to this list is in my view unhealthy.

Have any of the people expressing disquiet about that editor notified
them of this thread?

WereSpielChequers