[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia article on [[Santorum (neologism)]]

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon May 23 21:01:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011, geni wrote:
>> When you Google for Santorum's last name this Wikipedia article is the
>> second result. This means that people who are looking for legitimate
>> information about him are not going to find it right away - instead we are
>> going to feed them information about a biased smear campaign rather than the
>> former Senators BLP.
> Google's search results are entirely their business.

The fact that we need to be careful about BLPs because the BLPs rank high in
Google is our business.  This is not technically a BLP, and Santorum is
known for more than one thing, but I'd think it'd at least fall under the
*spirit* of "Wikipedia editors must not act, intentionally or otherwise, in a
way that amounts to participating in or prolonging the victimization."