[WikiEN-l] Encyclopedia Dramatica

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue May 17 19:14:18 UTC 2011

Thanks for the hint
http://www.lurkmoarpedia.com/wiki/LurkMoarpedia is gone, but the
google cache delivered some hints and by searching for the sentence
"After Encyclopedia Dramatica was ***** over by the *****"I was able
to find the site http://www.encyclopediadramatica.ch/Wikipedia

nice, lets see what happens to this, I found the the ED was a great
place to find all the dirt on any subject.

thanks,
mike

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 May 2011, David Gerard wrote:
>>> The new site has indeed had about 0 verifiable third-party coverage.
>>
>> But the problem is that it's being treated as a "new site" and therefore
>> all
>> the notability and such has to start from scratch.  How do we determine
>> that
>> something remains the "same site" or is a "new site"?
>>
>> If the Washington Monument was torn down and rebuilt 2 miles to the west
>> as
>> "Washington Monument West", would we need to determine separate
>> notability
>> for the Washington Monument West and the Washington Monument?
>
> I must admit to a certain nostalgia for Encyclopedia Dramatica, I am anal
> retentive, but it was no "Washington Monument".
>
> Fred

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania
flossk.org flossal.org