[WikiEN-l] How to contact the author of a wiki page?

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:55:20 UTC 2011

There are several ways to do this.

The easiest way to contact the main authors is to look at the tab marked
"history"  (
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Beta-binomial_distribution&action=history).
That will show who has edited the page, and by clicking on the links
marked "diff" next to various edits you can get an idea who wrote the basic
article or added significant material, and who did tidying up, spelling
fixes, etc. A click on the link for their "contribs" will show if thery are
still likely to be active editors. If they are - drop a note on their talk
pages.

But normally you don't need to contact the authors, nor is that the only
solution. If you ask your question on the article's talk page (click the
"discussion" tab) you will get help, also you can ask at the Wikipedia
Reference Desk for Math (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Mathematics ).

If all else fails, try the reference texts named in the article, Google, a
library, or a textbook.

FT2