[WikiEN-l] Weekly fundraiser testing

Peter Coombe pcoombe at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 21 16:09:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed we're now running small scale tests in preparation
for this year's Fundraiser. The plan is to have regular slots on Thursdays
and Fridays at 1730-1830 UTC, barring schedule clashes or technical
problems. For now at least these will be limited to the English Wikipedia,
and appear for anonymous users only. Users in certain chapter countries may
not see these banners, or may see different ones as local chapters carry out
their own tests.

This week we're testing two personal appeals from Wikipedia programmer and
editor Ryan Kaldari.

You can see the results from previous tests and other news at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2011/Updates
Feedback is very welcome, and there will also be staff members in the IRC
channel #wikimedia-fundraising when banners are running.

--
Peter Coombe | Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation