[WikiEN-l] NY Times article on gender gap in Wikipedia contributors

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:38:19 UTC 2011

On 31 January 2011 18:23, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> In what way, David? I'm sorry, but the Arbitration Committee isn't Wikipedia
> Governance Central.

It's the closest en:wp has.

> I have no idea what the board members are saying on the internal-L mailing
> list; however, if they're expressing concerns about behaviour there,
> they might want to actually mention it onwiki on the projects  where there
> are concerns.

You're snapping at me, as if I'm causing this problem for you. I'm
not, I'm telling you about it.

Are you saying you would need them to intervene directly? It may be
feasible for the arbcom - the closest en:wp has to a governing body -
to invite WMF to do so. This would likely avoid directly crossing the
streams (which would be bad) but get an outside force in there if the
internal one really feels it isn't up to the effort.

- d.