[WikiEN-l] NY Times article on gender gap in Wikipedia contributors

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 31 12:30:05 UTC 2011

On 31/01/2011 06:43, George Herbert wrote:
> Good interviews with Sue, Kat, others...
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/31/business/media/31link.html?hpw

As an advocate of keeping "user friendliness" and "friendliness" issues
separate in discussing enWP, I'd like to note that the "gender gap" is
basically a friendliness issue. It is all very well setting targets, but
unless interactions become more polite and helpful on the site, it is
hard to see how they are to be achieved. I'm not convinced that the
community generally get it about this point.

Charles