[WikiEN-l] Wired on the Spanish mutiny

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 30 16:26:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 29/01/2011 18:23, Tony Sidaway wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> I think Charles' point about the immediate after-effects of the
>> September 11, 2001 atrocity needs some expansion.
> Maybe so, but I wasn't trying to make a broad-brush point.
> [[Wikipedia:9/11 victims]] should give anyone not around at the time
> some idea of the issues enWP faced.

There was a memorial wiki as well, which eventually was locked, I
think. A link is on the page Charles mentioned. FWIW, Wikipedia's
approach to articles on the victims of a disaster/atrocity is fairly
consistent. In general there needs to have been prior coverage that
would have warranted an article, for such text to survive as an
independent article.

Carcharoth