[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia status checkers

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 22 13:53:59 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you having difficulty accessing any other sites? Wikipedia is
> working perfectly for me (in the UK), so it's very unlikely to be a
> problem with Wikipedia. The problem must be at your end.
>
> bits.wikimedia.org is where things like the CSS come from. Try
> en.wikipedia.org - that's the actual domain you need to be able to
> access.

When I try and access en.wikipedia.org, it hangs when it tries to load
the CSS things from bits.wikimedia.org (if I wait long enough, it
loads a stripped-down version of the site). It might actually just be
a local cache or cookie problem. Let me try something else and see if
it helps. Then I'll stop using wiki-en-l as technical support... :-)

Carcharoth