[WikiEN-l] "Invitation to edit" template and m.wikipedia.org

Andrew Crawford acrawford at laetabilis.com
Tue Jan 18 16:56:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

I noticed that the "Invitation to edit" template which is being trialled on
some medical articles is not working as designed on m.wikipedia.org.

The tutorial information for new users is meant to be collapsed by default,
but on m.wikipedia.org the tutorial is expanded by default, which is quite
undesirable since the article itself is not even expanded when viewed there!

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

The template itself is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Invitation_to_edit

Since this seems (to me) to be an issue that should be addressed quite
quickly, is there anyone familiar with how m.wikipedia.org works who could
advise how the template might be edited to make this not happen? Wapedia has
the same issue with these articles incidentally.

Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of the use of this template, but I'm not
trying to argue against it here - this just needs some expert assistance to
fix quickly. If there's a more appropriate place than here to ask, please
clue me in about that too.

Cheers,

Andrew (Thparkth)