[WikiEN-l] Main page changes for 10th anniversary

MuZemike muzemike at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:52:10 UTC 2011

IMO I think it was certainly a welcome change (the FL, FT, and FS) if
anything else. It's almost natural to suggest that we do something like
this on a monthly (or even more) basis. It would most certainly increase
overall quality, as Featured Content (especially Featured Lists) would
be scrutinized more before they appear on the Main Page, as we currently
do, or are supposed to do, with Featured Articles.

Also, I was away from my computer this weekend, but didn't the
controversy with Jimbo on the Main Page revolved around the caption more
than the image itself (i.e. "Jimmy Wales founded Wikipedia with Larry
Sanger"); at least that was the vibes I received late Friday evening.

-MuZemike