[WikiEN-l] Hello world! (was "Hello world?")

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 23:57:15 UTC 2011

I will officially admit to feeling that there is a severe absence of
good faith. A few years ago we used to entertain the odd crazy who
would spout some nonsense, and we'd humor him.

Maybe it's a cultural failure. Maybe there are people who have not
read, or who have read but not understood, the article "Hello world".

I remember that in 1992 I was stung by a wasp near the end of a day in
York. I would happily take you to the precise location outside York
station, I said "fuck". There is absolutely no documentation for this.
It happened. My own first experiments with a wiki,  in 2002 or
thereabouts, are not recorded either, but they led to my involvement
here. There has to be a point at which we admit that assuming good
faith might work, and in trivial matters like this surely it wouldn't
be a bad idea.