[WikiEN-l] Hello world! (was "Hello world?")

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:23:55 UTC 2011

‘I clicked on “Edit” and I wrote “Hello World” and that was the beginning.’

That's a great soundbite. I know it's just a standard term used in
testing a new program, but I prefer to take Hello world as the motto
of Wikipedia.

Everything we know about the world, presented in a form the entire
world can read and extend. It's an Incredibly ambitious project--ten
years ago it was plainly nuts. But look how far we've come towards
that goal!

Hello world!