[WikiEN-l] References bookmarklet?

quiddity pandiculation at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:24:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://davidgerard.co.uk/notes/2011/01/04/what-you-see-is-for-the-win/comment-page-1/#comment-13632
>
> Someone suggested this on my blog. It's an *excellent* idea and needs
> a button added for it in the present Vector editor.
>
> Jen says:
> Wednesday 5th January, 2011 at 10:28 pm  (Edit)
>
> Re John Broughton’s idea for “a **single click** way of generating the
> standard text/code for a footnote”…
>
> Would there be any way to make a nice little bookmarklet so people
> could drag a URL onto the button, and it would copy a wiki-citation to
> the clipboard?

Bookmarklet at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bazzargh/citemark
has existed for a few years.
It's not very polished (it just adds everything it can find,
metadatawise), but I use it regularly to get the bulk of the needed
field values. It also hasn't been updated since it was written in Feb
'08, so could probably benefit from some additional
programmer-eyeballs.
I originally found it via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_tools

Hope that helps.

Quiddity.