[WikiEN-l] Rating the English wikipedia

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 15 16:00:42 UTC 2011

On 14/02/2011 22:31, WereSpielChequers wrote:

<snip>
> If something like WYSIWYG
> editing were to bring in a new wave of editors then the model would
> break and it would be possible to think in terms of how many potential
> articles qualify.
I think there is a point here. There are certainly a number of valid
topics without articles in enWP (a million is a good enough figure), but
the question is how many people will (a) think they should be written,
and then (b) do something about it. The demographics of "new editors"
have something to do with (a). We certainly need new editors upgrading
our older articles where that has not been done, also (which is on-topic
for the thread).

Much of this discussion seems to work still with a rather primitive
model of how editors assign themselves to tasks. Among tasks is seeing
what the encyclopedia needs by direct inspection of existing content.

Charles