[WikiEN-l] "Fixed our client’s Wikipedia page."

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 17:58:03 UTC 2011

On 12/02/2011, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
> The article also has this:
>
>>To mitigate this, we wrote an official biography on our client’s site. This
>>biography carried more weight than the online citations used by other Wiki
>>editors.
>
> which sounds like a classic case of having to jump through hoops. since the
> information would be equally accurate whether they created a page for it or
> not.

Yes, but Wikipedia would have no easy way to gauge the intentionality
behind it, at least in this case we have good reason to believe that
they're acting on behalf of the subject of the biography, and can
treat anything they say accordingly, if it was just a random web page
then we don't even have that.

--
-Ian Woollard