[WikiEN-l] Most wanted

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Feb 7 12:26:39 UTC 2011

On 7 February 2011 04:10, David Goodman <dggenwp at gmail.com> wrote:
> agreed. The footer templates are the biggest source of linkage bloat.
> the templates are useful, and we need some way of keeping track of
> what should be in them when we add or delete articles, but they make
> working with what links here for any practical purpose extremely
> difficult. They'd be much more helpful if they were separated.

Currently, in whatlinkshere, links from redirects are shown indented
as subsets of the redirect, something like:

* Article1
* Article2
* Article3
* Redirect
* * Article4
* * Article5
* Article6
* Article7

Something like this for template links would be an ideal solution, I
think - it'd let us see the template links, which are still useful for
various purposes, whilst keeping them distinct from "real" links. I am
not sure how much more of a logistic hassle this would be, though...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk