[WikiEN-l] Citizendium charter ratified

William Beutler williambeutler at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 23:35:04 UTC 2010

So what else is being sold? Citizendium and everything2? Britannica
and Encarta? There are vast differences between Wikipedia and the
aforementioned, and don't forget that Encarta is no more.

Wikipedia's "USP" is that there is no other widely-recognized online
repository of straightforward information about almost any subject someone
wants to look up. So actually, "you've heard of us" is a USP -- that it
ranks so high on Google means it is highly convenient. Frequently, that's
the most important SP of all.