[WikiEN-l] Citizendium charter ratified

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 24 15:04:38 UTC 2010

  On 24/09/2010 14:21, Fred Bauder wrote:
> He says, 'There is some seriously twisted stuff on
> Wikipedia that has no business in a resource calling itself an
> "encyclopedia."'
>
> I wonder what that is about?

He also says the money is running out.  I wouldn't pay that any mind.
As a personal opinion of Sanger's it's fine.  As an indictment of
Wikipedia's content policies, it's a bit flaky, really. As a comment on
the enforcement of the content policies, it might be supported at least
anecdotally from stuff on the site. As some sort of bid for someone to
support CZ solely as an alternative to WP, it looks a bit desperate.
Anyway, Citizendium's future is now in other hands; I've not been
impressed with Sanger since the days of editing "Larry's Text" (and that
dates me for sure).  Which has never undermined my admiration for his
pioneer work on WP, but in the perspective (as I have said before) that
he apparently misunderstands what was achieved.  So this would be more
of the same, I think.

Charles