[WikiEN-l] “Can you imagine the president of the American Camellia Society having three stuffed bears in the courthouse?”

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 18 04:58:00 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM, crock spot <crockspot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't be surprised if this whole thing turns out to be a hoax perpetrated by
> Limbaugh himself, and bites Wikipedia in the ass. This bears a striking
> resemblance to something Rush has long complained about: "sourced" comments
> attributed to him that were on Wikipedia.

If Limbaugh or those working for him had perpetrated the hoax, they
wouldn't have put "June 31" as the date. What we can learn from this
is setting up edit filters (if there are enough edits like this to
justify it) to catch fake dates. Such edit filters may already exist.
Failing that, we can search the live text for other fake (or mis-typed
as impossible) dates that are in articles at the moment.

Carcharoth