[WikiEN-l] Curriki - shares our values

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:47:04 UTC 2010

Don''t know if Curriki.org (Curriculum + Wiki) has been mentioned on
this list before?

Here's a blog post with a good half hour interview (mp3) with the head.

http://blog.curriki.org/2010/08/24/what%E2%80%99s-the-future-of-curriki-an-interview-with-scott-mcnealy/

I'm almost moved to suggest that the WMF could offer them some money,
but I feel an opposing sense of vicarious greed. I'll be keeping an
eye on the project, perhaps you will too.

I've often wondered if there was a way to have more of a virtual
classroom experience as if you had lessons in a subject over a year.
I've done a little (a very little) research into the UK curriculum. I
think that schools differ to an extent that one will never find a
model curriculum; there are certain things that *must* be covered but
the manner of doing so seems rather open, particularly as the UK
government has made the stupid and retrograde step of allowing faith
schools.

I know we have topic outlines on Wikipedia which you could equate to
some degree with a course. And there's Wikibooks. I won't mention
Wikiversity as Curriki is for K12 and they don't yet plan to cover
further education. Some of our templates, too, give a kind of course
vibe. Am I missing anything?