[WikiEN-l] What proportion of articles are stubs?

MuZemike muzemike at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 01:46:21 UTC 2010

And that's another problem that I am seeing more and more of. Call it
simply being lazy, unable to write actual prose, or a combination
thereof; but there are so many articles that get created that have only
one (likely unsourced) sentence, a pretty infobox, a pretty navbox, a
table, categories, and what other (stub) templates there.

I would claim that infoboxes are the biggest culprit in that they are
being substituted for "actual prose". If an article creator only has one
actual sentence of prose to put forth, that is not much, and I would
claim sheer laziness in the article creator's part.

Especially with these stubs on locations, when you cannot provide any
more information on a location than what would normally be presented in
an organized list or even an atlas or map, one wonders if writing about
a location in the form of an encyclopedia article is the most efficient
way to go.

-MuZemike