[WikiEN-l] What proportion of articles are stubs?

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 29 17:33:01 UTC 2010

Stubs and how to handle them seem to be controversial still (or again),
which is rather surprising given that we have been going nearly a decade
now. I'd like to ask how many articles still are stubs, by some sensible
standard?

Points arise from that, clearly. But I'm hearing quite a lot recently
from the "glass half empty" people. You know, ten short stubs are
created, and a year later five are still stubby, five are much improved.
Are we glad to have five new substantial articles, or embarrassed to
have persistent five stubs? So has this made things proportionately
better or worse? Discuss.

Charles