[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of EN wiki admins - The theory that making it easier to get rid of admins is a solution to the decline in their active numbers

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Mon May 31 12:42:40 UTC 2010

on 5/31/10 2:43 AM, Charles Matthews at charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
wrote:

> As this discussion illustrates rather well, the argument "if you want to
> fix A, you'd have to start by fixing B (my pet gripe) first" is
> routinely deployed, making for an infinite regress in some cases, and in
> others the generation of suggestions that are rather clearly
> counterproductive for fixing A, whatever they may do for B. In the real
> world, if you want people to do thankless and time-consuming tasks for
> you for no money, and much criticism, you have to rely on something more
> than "be sure that you'll be told if we don't like you and what you do".

Yes. And thank you, Charles. Once again this points out the fact that, with
the Foundation, we are dealing with a group of persons who don't have a clue
how to deal with people who they see as being out of their universe-of-one.
In fact, they appear to regard the Wikipedia Community as a necessary evil.

Marc Riddell