[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of EN wiki admins - The theory that making it easier to get rid of admins is a solution to the decline in their active numbers

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Mon May 31 00:14:57 UTC 2010

On 31/05/2010, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <abd at lomaxdesign.com> wrote:
> As to regular deletion, an admin is assessing
> arguments and consensus at an AfD, and, if doing this well, doesn't
> delete unless there is consensus for it, or, alternatively, the
> arguments are clear and evidenced.

Actually it's not supposed to be about consensus at AFD.

If you use consensus it's far, far too easy to stuff the vote; people
can email their friends or use socks, and in common cases it's almost
completely undetectable.

Too many AFDs I've seen, in practice, work as a straight vote; that
just doesn't work at all.

That's why it's supposed to be about who has identified the valid
policy for deletion or keeping it. You can't stuff the vote by
identifying valid policy.

--
-Ian Woollard