[WikiEN-l] flagged revisions - autoreviewer even of minor edits

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sun May 23 01:13:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 2:20 PM, James Alexander <jamesofur at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok if that's the case it makes me a bit less worried on that front though I
> am still confused. You say "autoreviewer" but a lot of others are using
> "autoconfirmed" which is obviously very different and much broader. Is this
> for those with a separate autoreview flag or are all autoconfirmed users
> getting this ability?

Here's what we're currently on track to implement:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions/Trial

What this means is that there would not actually be a separate "autoreview"
group.  Autoconfirmed users would be given the access rights.  I made this
simplification because I wasn't able to find any documentation of any clear
decision on this front.

Since that time, a debate was started over here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_comment/Flagged_revisions_trial

Listed in there is documentation of a couple of polls that were run.  I'm
reading through those polls to try to understand where the support and
opposition comes from.  Needless to say, we need to wrap up that debate
before I can explain further how this is going to work.  If you have
opinions, please post them there.

Thanks
Rob