[WikiEN-l] flagged revisions - autoreviewer even of minor edits

James Alexander jamesofur at gmail.com
Sat May 22 21:16:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM, WereSpielChequers <
werespielchequers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Is it going to be possible for admins to disable their autoreviewer status?
>
> WereSpielChequers

This is my biggest question of all this to be honest. Part of me think it
would actually turn out ok but I'm also fairly worried that this is in no
way what the community approved given that what I got from the discussion
was the community fully expected to have to specifically give out the right
to review (and there was some considerable discussion about whether or not
that right should be given automatically to certain group,
the consensus being no). It seems to me the consensus wasn't for this, which
appears to be a bit of a semi-protection using Flagged Revisions, but more
for something akin to the german version just on specific articles (and so
the people who were able to approve would be significantly smaller then "all
autoconflirmed users"

It isn't to say that this would be totally bad.. just not what was approved.
I do have to say that there are a ton of autoconfirmed users who I would not
trust to realize they were approving old edits (perhaps vandalism) when they
did a small edit. I would also be a bit concerned because if they get
approved they would be much more likely to get missed (if it slips through
the cracks it can take months to be found unless it is on a popular page).

James Alexander
james.alexander at rochester.edu
jamesofur at gmail.com