[WikiEN-l] Renaming "Flagged Protections"

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Sat May 22 17:05:33 UTC 2010

On 22 May 2010 02:15, FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Pending edits" might describe the edits, but not the "regime" or tool.
>
> "Delayed editing" is one possible option for the tool. As in, "Delayed
> editing has been applied to this article". Doesn't imply any kind of
> checking or approval, nor censorship or the like, just that edits will be
> delayed. I think even the average non-Wikipedian would understand vandalism
> isnt "edits" in the same sense:
>
> *"We will be placing some articles, especially those that get
> vandalism, under "delayed editing". This means that when a completely
> unknown editor edits the article, the edits won't be made public until they
> have been given a basic check by vandalism patrollers. Once they are cleared
> as non-vandal edits they'll be made public".*

The problem to me is that "delayed editing" implies there's a specific
delay before edits go live, and that it's to a degree automatic,
rather than a variable delay as a result of the need for manual
approval. (A five-minute delay is quite an interesting thought,
actually - file that for future testing...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk