[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources— some of these babies are ugly

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu May 20 21:13:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Carcharoth wrote:
>> The combination results in a badly distended view of knowledge that has wrecked more than a handful of articles on Wikipedia.
> Some examples may help.

I already gave an example of the Marion Zimmer Bradley article: a published
author has a dispute with a fan.  The published author's side of the story is
in normal sources.  The fan's side of the story is self-published.  Wikipedia
won't accept self-published sources that make claims about other people;
therefore, only one side of the story gets into Wikipedia.