[WikiEN-l] Updated new search interface on the prototype

Amory Meltzer amorymeltzer at gmail.com
Thu May 20 15:17:37 UTC 2010

Well, according to Google, there are somewhere between 1.5 and 1.8
billion internet users in the world.  If we ignore those numbers and
say only 1B use the internet, then according to Alex wikipedia.org
gets about 13.5% of internet users.  That's 135 million users.  We
definitely don't have anywhere near even 1 million "expert" users.  Of
course, it depends how you define expert but if we have 10,000 expert
users/editors, then that pales in comparison to the somewhere between
200 and 240 million people viewing the website.

~A