[WikiEN-l] Temporal tags and outdating

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Wed May 19 18:11:47 UTC 2010

Andrew Gray <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:
> In the first case, he did. In the second case, it didn't, because the
> program got cancelled. A self-updating text would be fine in the first
> half, but quite problematic in the latter.

Nice catches. I've been seeing them all the time too in my casual
reading. I wouldn't have raised the issue otherwise.

Though I don't thing "quite problematic" is the right phrase, I do
agree that in such cases we would need the flag to have a fallback
mode. We've been discussing user messaging as a solution, where the
switch tag whould include at least one editor's name attached,
{{dateswitch|is going to fly|flew|DATE|~~~}}, and the bot would
message the editor on the date to check up on it.

-SC