[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources— some of these babies are ugly

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon May 17 19:45:56 UTC 2010

David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> The article is basically not even wrong. And that's because they
> really don't care, and literally just made up some >shit: http://techcrunch.com/2010/05/16/jimmy-wales-
>fox-news-is-wrong-no-shakeup/
> Sources of this type, even if owned by a large media company, need to
> be taken with an extra grain of salt.

And then there is this idea that Jimbo has relinquished actual
authority by giving up some functional capacities, when he plainly
said in about as many words this was a symbolic gesture to diffuse and
refocus criticism. The naive reader might think it means "shakedown",
we who've been around for a while know that functional flags can be
turned off an on, and Jimbo doesn't edit Wikipedia anyway.

-SC