[WikiEN-l] Reliable sources— some of these babies are ugly

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon May 17 02:34:38 UTC 2010

There is no centralized place here for ruling on the reliability of
particular sources. Competitors and sites like FactCheck.org suffice
in most cases, and people deal with sources as they come up.

To my knowledge the particular news source you cite is generally not
regarded as reliable on matters which have not been corroborated by
other news sources beforehand. Do we give it an air of reputability to
be cited here as a secondary source? Perhaps. But putting a label of
"yellow journalism" on particular news outlets can only be done
informally at the water-cooler.

-SC