[WikiEN-l] Flagged Protection update for May 13

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri May 14 21:07:35 UTC 2010

On 05/14/2010 01:29 PM, Emily Monroe wrote:
>> [2] Except those of you who already have them. But for you, we have
>> >  a whole wiki that you can go wild on. You can even have a wheel war
>> >  if you want and we won't tell a soul.
>>
> Should you really encourage behavior such as wheel warring? Even as a
> joke?

What David said. It never really crossed my mind that there was some
admin so close to snapping that my suggestion would push them over the
line into betraying everything they stand for. And were there somebody
in that condition, it seems more plausible to me that a joke would help
them put things in perspective.

Plus, if there is some admin who has the slightest urge to wheel war,
then I'd much rather them get it out of their system by going crazy on a
test wiki. Poe's [[Imp of the Perverse]] comes to mind here.

William