[WikiEN-l] The New Look

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:08:54 UTC 2010

On 13/05/2010, AGK <wikiagk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I prefer the old location for the search box, yes. But I think that's
> because I'm _used_ to it being on the left. I think the usability team
> gave a rationale at one point for the new box location, and I seem to
> recall it being quite a sound one.

Under firefox, the new search box is quite buggy actually. I just
tried typing really quickly into it on a slow machine, and ended up
with only half the information appearing; the third time the full
information briefly appeared, and then shortened itself and in each
case it went to where it now said (nowhere useful). Only one out of
three times did I end up at the right page, and it clearly wasn't
simply my typo since I didn't touch the back key.

--
-Ian Woollard