[WikiEN-l] declining numbers of EN wiki admins

AGK wikiagk at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 12:15:58 UTC 2010

> o_0 Citation needed. I've been amazed how it's become increasingly a
> talking point on my CV over the years. (I put it in "other interests"
> at the end.) People *like* Wikipedia.

That they do. People might write it off in conversation, but secretly,
when they google that obscure term they heard for the first time
earlier that day, they aren't going to skip by the Wikipedia entry
(which will probably be top).

> Yes, "stagnation" is far more accurate. Thing is, it used to be a
> source of pride to tell your real world associates that you're a
> wikipedia admin. You'd even put it on your resume. Now, it's a bit of
> an embarassing secret and you definitely would not raise it in a job
> interview.

For my part I wouldn't dream about telling anybody but my closest
friends that I edit Wikipedia. More than anything, it's just very
geeky :-).

AGK