[WikiEN-l] The New Look

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 12:12:26 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> AGK wrote:
>>> My first reaction is that the watchlist arrangements are cryptic. (I was
>>> always going to hate having to scroll to the top for the search box.)
>>>

>> I prefer the old location for the search box, yes. But I think that's
>> because I'm _used_ to it being on the left. I think the usability team
>> gave a rationale at one point for the new box location, and I seem to
>> recall it being quite a sound one.
>>
>> I don't know what you mean to say about the watchlist arrangements.
>> Are you referring to the little star in place of a 'watch' tab?
>>
> Yes - took me a while to realise that the word "watch" had been reduced
> to a hover-over.

I read Wikipedia logged-out from some locations, and it took me a
while to realise that the "user contributions" link had been collapsed
along with the rest of the toolbox. It seems to be staying
uncollapsed, so hopefully those sort of settings are "sticky" for at
least each session, whether logged in or out (i.e. only have to expand
collapsed stuff once).

Carcharoth