[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on Commons

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:56:21 UTC 2010

Ian Woollard <ian.woollard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Long-term, we're aiming to compile all knowledge into one
>> freely-accessible location. We shouldn't infringe on that mission,
>> even if we displease some easily-upset persons along the way.

Notable here is this oft-repeated and rather
weak-excuse-for-an-argument personal attack that characterises the
opposition as just a bunch of "easily-upset people."

The Free Culture argument is a valid one, try using it. The
"easily-upset people" meme doesn't do it justice, and just sends out
the signal that the unnecessary is being angrily defended.

-SC