[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on Commons

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Tue May 11 14:22:56 UTC 2010

On Tue, 11 May 2010, David Goodman wrote:
> Censorship is normally used to mean a refusal to include something on
> the basis of content, not on the basis of form or external
> characteristics. Not including a picture because it does not have a
> free license is not censorship, not including it because it's of poor
> quality is not censorship, not including it because of what it shows
> is censorship. NOT CENSORED means in the image context that there is
> no image that we reject because of what it portrays.

In that case removing private social security numbers or even dates of birth
is still censorship.  Removing the Brian Peppers page is censorship.  Even
removing illegal content is censorship.

The no censorship rule isn't, and never has been, an absolute 100% no
exceptions rule.  It's no different from any other rule in this regard.