[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 82, Issue 14

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon May 10 23:15:09 UTC 2010

Howie Fung <hfung at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> We are planning to run a central notice letting all users know that the
> changes are on the way.  This will let us capture the majority of users
> who aren't on either the lists or on the other places we've posted the
> message (Village Pump and Admin's Noticeboard).

[OT], Howie, I know its not easy to deal with lots of posts to wikien
(though it's been extremely inactive lately), but its polite to change
the automatic and topically-ambiguous subject header to something else
- particularly the same as the posts you are responding to - when
replying to posts contained in Wikien digests.

Its a little flaw in the digest mode's functionality that subject
headers are uncorrelated with the actual topics that people are
commenting on.

Regards,
Steven

-Stevertigo