[WikiEN-l] Jimbo on Commons

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon May 10 00:04:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jimbo's explanation? bad press:
>>
>> - http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-May/057896.html
>>
>> In related news, there is a proposal to remove the software privileges
>> that lets Jimbo do that sort of thing:
>>
>> - http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Remove_Founder_flag
>
> Hrm. Jimbo deletes hard-core porn, community responds by deleting Jimbo?

If we're going to be unfair and inaccurate there are multiple ways of
spinning it.

"Jimbo deletes works of art from the 1880s in an effort to appease FOX
news reporters. Community complains about the unwelcome and
ill-considered use of elevated privileges on a project where he's
never been a real participant.  Jimmy resigns said elevated
privileges."