[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikimedia Announcements] Public Policy Initiative

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed May 5 23:12:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> lobbying groups. A look through the articles in this category (if
> accurately placed there) may help UK readers of this mailing list to
> see what "public policy" means:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Public_policy_in_the_United_Kingdom
>
> I haven't a clue what it is called in other countries.

The term seems familiar to me (Australia). It's actually
self-explanatory, no? Policy that affects the public...

> My view? This seems rather a US-centric project.

Yeah. I for one find it very frustrating that you can read the entire
announcement talking about a certain number of "schools" etc and they
don't even mention what country it's taking place in, or whether it's
international. Fair enough that the money is spent only in US
universities. But they could say so explicitly. Ho hum.

Steve